Scottish Widows to screen first UK 2012 Olympics ads
LONDON - The first UK sponsor TV ads for the London 2012 Olympics will screen next week, when Scottish Widows debuts a 50-second spot incorporating athletes and gymnasts on ITV1.
The Leo Burnett-created Scottish Widows spot, which will screen during ITV1's Champions League coverage on March 4, will make the brand the first UK London 2012 Olympic sponsor to showcase its work for the games.
The 50-second spot features athletes and gymnasts dressed in red, white and black performing choreographed routines by British Olympic gymnasts Alex Jerrom, Tom Coull and Laura Hallett, who morph into model Hayley Hunt, the current face of Scottish Widows.
The ads, which feature Scottish Widows' music and strapline "Preparation is everything", will also screen on March 5 during Channel 4's 'Grand Designs', March 16 on ITV1's 'Dancing on Ice' final, and March 23 for ITV1's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.
Scottish Widows said it did not want the creative to be "bolted on" to the Olympics brand, but believed it had made the association an intrinsic part of the campaign, which is understood to run until the start of the Beijing Olympics in August.
Mike Hoban, customer and brand marketing director for Scottish Widows, said: "The ads embrace a new creative concept for Scottish Widows and I believe the results are very stylised and sexy. We think they will really grab viewers' attention."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Junior Product Developer Creative Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)