MoneyGram creates global 'rally cry' for personal finance campaign
LONDON - Money transfer company MoneyGram International has launched a global multimedia campaign calling for individuals to gain control of their personal finances.
The campaign, titled "Hands", will include TV, print, radio, out-of-home, retail, point-of-sale, website development and employee communication.
Created by DraftFCB and led by DraftFCB Chicago, "Hands" will run in a total of 170 countries beginning with a 30-second TV ad, "rally cry".
The ad depicts a public meeting, where the attendees raise their hands to indicate that they have made a choice. The voiceover tells the viewer: "The power is in your hands."
The ad was originally shown on Univision during the Latin music awards on February 21 in the US.
This is to be followed by national TV ads throughout the US and an out-of-home initiative in New York City. It is due to be released in the UK in the second quarter of 2008.
Kurt Fries, senior vice-president and creative director of DraftFCB Chicago, said: "Since this was a global campaign, we needed an idea that could unite everybody, regardless of race or religion.
"The hands are a symbol of empowerment -- they let people know they have a choice in the decisions they make as they move their money around the world."
Ann Jackson, vice-president of market development at MoneyGram, said: "DraftFCB provided a holistic approach to our business, from strategy through execution across various consumer touch points.
"With this campaign, we expect to broaden awareness and significantly increase transactions for MoneyGram as a leading global payment company."
MoneyGram International specialises in global money transfers, money orders and payment processing for financial institutions and retail customers.
The ad can be viewed here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London