K Swiss launches 'free running' website for new trainer
LONDON - K-Swiss is launching its free running inspired trainers with a viral web campaign, created by and starring James Bond actor and founder of free running Sebastien Foucan.
The campaign for the Ariake trainers which launches today, backed by a website that greets visitors with the words: "Free running is about self expression. Express yourself with a message and watch me free run it."
The campaign features several viral ads starring Foucan, who was pursued by Daniel Craig in the breath-taking free running sequence at the start of last year's James Bond film 'Casino Royale'.
One viral is shot in a studio showing Foucan jumping over various letters. The K-Swiss site for the campaign allows visitors to type a personal message.
The second viral features the free running star, who founded the digital agency that is behind the campaign, Perfect Fools, out in the open.
Each letter becomes an assault course for Foucan to leap over, demonstrating his athletic skills across the giant letters of the alphabet, before a closing frame showing the K Swiss logo ends the film.
Patrick Gardner, co-founder of Perfect Fools, said: "Sebastien Foucan is a consummate professional athlete. Every shot filmed for the website was planned to perfection in real time."
The viral, which was created by Acne Film, was shot using the Phantom high speed DV camera, which clocks up to 1000 fps at HD quality.
Mark Chalmers, Creative Social cofounder, said: "The challenge of online is to create experience. You can't free run online but you can communicate and you can express.
"We worked with Perfect Fools to create a messaging service that is free run by Sebastien Foucan, detailed enough for free running enthusiasts to enjoy seeing their master at work, and accessible enough for bystanders to admire."
In addition to its interactive element, the website features a profile of Foucan, a 30-second TV commercial and a behind the scenes making of film -- which includes exclusive footage of his involvement. It also features a competition to win a pair of the free running inspired Ariake trainers, downloads and wallpaper.
The website, which complements a European and US marketing campaign, was seeded globally by GoViral; aiming to target specialist sneakers, fashion, music, free running and Parkour websites, as well as blogs and forums.
Perfect Fools has worked on campaigns for a wide range of global brands including Adidas, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Electrolux, Hewlett Packard, Nike and Samsung.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Customer Analyst/Trading Analyst Stopgap £35000 per annum, London