IDM awards five honorary fellowships
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has awarded honorary fellowships to five marketers, including Chris Barraclough and Heather Westgate, in recognition of their services within the digital and direct marketing industry.
The five recipients are: Chris Barraclough, creative partner at Barraclough Edwards Chamberlain; Mike Harvard, the former managing director of Verint Consulting; Amanda Phillips, chief executive officer of Proximity London; Professor Merlin Stone; and Heather Westgate, chief executive of TDA.
In addition, David Cheek, managing director of David Cheek & Associates, was honoured for his work in inspiring young people to enter the direct marketing profession, and was made IDM educator of the year 2008.
All recipients were present at the awards ceremony, which was held at the IDM Annual Lunch yesterday, apart from Mike Harvard who had a mountaineering commitment.
The IDM said it only gave honorary fellowships to a handful of marketers each year in recognition of their work within the digital and direct sector. Past recipients include Sir Keith Mills, Sir Martin Sorrell and Drayton Bird.
In a statement, Harvard said: "I have worked with some fantastic, inspiring, professional and lovely people through the years... thank you to them.
"And thank you to the IDM for believing in this industry, shaping and professionalising it and moving it forwards, and preparing us all for the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London