IDM awards five honorary fellowships
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has awarded honorary fellowships to five marketers, including Chris Barraclough and Heather Westgate, in recognition of their services within the digital and direct marketing industry.
The five recipients are: Chris Barraclough, creative partner at Barraclough Edwards Chamberlain; Mike Harvard, the former managing director of Verint Consulting; Amanda Phillips, chief executive officer of Proximity London; Professor Merlin Stone; and Heather Westgate, chief executive of TDA.
In addition, David Cheek, managing director of David Cheek & Associates, was honoured for his work in inspiring young people to enter the direct marketing profession, and was made IDM educator of the year 2008.
All recipients were present at the awards ceremony, which was held at the IDM Annual Lunch yesterday, apart from Mike Harvard who had a mountaineering commitment.
The IDM said it only gave honorary fellowships to a handful of marketers each year in recognition of their work within the digital and direct sector. Past recipients include Sir Keith Mills, Sir Martin Sorrell and Drayton Bird.
In a statement, Harvard said: "I have worked with some fantastic, inspiring, professional and lovely people through the years... thank you to them.
"And thank you to the IDM for believing in this industry, shaping and professionalising it and moving it forwards, and preparing us all for the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60K - £75K + benefits, Central London