Kelvin MacKenzie behind new video sharing website
LONDON - Kelvin MacKenzie and Peter Bazalgette have teamed up to launch a website that will capitalise on the popularity of online video sites such as YouTube.
The website is called MyVideoRights.com, and is being run by Kelvin MacKenzie's son Ashley. It will allow people to upload short-form video, which will then be syndicated to publishing companies.
MyVideoRights.com will then collect fees from publishers and distribute them to the owners of the content.
It is looking for content that is no more than eight minutes in duration, in various file formats, falling into categories including: animals and pets; music; how to/instructional films; travel; celebrity; and sports.
It won't carry any pornographic content, abusive material or anything that might promote terrorism, such as how to make bombs.
It is also appealing to professional producers, suggesting that some long-form content may be "repurposed" into smaller bites for syndication.
The company's website says: "Huge value and wealth is being created from viewing of content on sites such as YouTube. Crucially, however, owners of content that these sites publish and benefit from are not being fairly rewarded for their creativity and hard work."
It adds that it is independent of every publisher, and has no vested interest in doing business with one company in preference to another.
The website's executive team comprises Ashley MacKenzie, who started his career at Carat and has since worked at Talk Radio and then the Wireless Group, as group managing director; Kelvin MacKenzie, one-time editor of The Sun, former managing director of BSkyB and then chairman and chief executive of The Wireless Group; and Richard Mansell, who is a qualified accountant and most recently was director of technology consulting at Protiviti.
According to a report in The Sunday Times, Peter Bazalgette, the former chief creative officer of 'Big Brother' producer Endemol, is an investor in the site.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Trade Marketing Specialist - Online PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Freelance Resource Manager Nakama £40,000-50,000, London