Royal Parks Foundation to host first London half marathon
LONDON - The Royal Parks Foundation and Limelight Sports have teamed up to host the first half marathon to be held in central London, which takes place in October.
The inaugural Half Marathon race, which raises funds for the Royal Parks Foundation and UK charities, has signed up food firm Brakes as headline sponsor and Nokia as its category sponsor, and will aim to become a permanent fixture in the UK athletics calendar.
Around 12,500 people are expected to take part in the 13-mile run through London, which begins and ends in Hyde Park, after Limelight conducted a feasibility study and helped develop the concept and negotiate a £1m three-year sponsorship package.
Charities set to benefit from the event include Asthma UK, Blue Cross, National Deaf Children's Society and Unicef, while further sponsors will be announced soon.
London daily morning freesheet Metro has also been signed up as the event's media partner, and will promote the race nationally and encourage participation.
Sara Lom, chief executive officer of the Royal Parks Foundation, said: "This is the first time the foundation has worked in partnership with Limelight and we have greatly appreciated their strategic thinking, creativity and event management skills to help shape our idea and get this major event off the ground."
Ambassadors for the race include former British Olympic decathlete Daley Thompson, rower James Cracknell, former Ireland rugby international Keith Wood, TV presenter Ben Fogle and environmental campaigner Zac Goldsmith.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London