AOL names Haycock as head of communications
LONDON - AOL has appointed Gavin Haycock as head of communications for the UK business following its appointment of Laurence Bret as interim head of marketing earlier this week.
Haycock will be based in London, and will report directly to Mark Rigby, vice-president of corporate communications for AOL Europe.
Haycock will be responsible for overseeing internal and external communication strategies within the UK, managing a team in London and working closely with colleagues in France and Germany to raise AOL's profile as a leading global advertising-supported web company.
He has nearly 20 years experience in the media, having worked at United Press International, Dow Jones Newswires, Marketeye and most recently at Reuters, where he spent seven years as editor of the Reuters UK website and online news service and latterly led Reuters' coverage of the European media sector.
Michael Steckler, managing director for AOL UK, said: "AOL UK has been recruiting a number of highly skilled and talented people who are attracted to the opportunities that the growing digital ad market has to offer. I am delighted to confirm Gavin's appointment and know that his experience and knowledge in the media will prove invaluable as we continue to communicate our successes to the UK market."
On Monday, AOL announced the appointment of Bret as interim head of marketing for AOL Europe. Based in London, Bret will report directly to Jonathan Lister, the senior vice president for European operations.
The two appointments come as AOL completes its transition from an internet service provider to an ad-supported digital web company.
Bret will have responsibility for overseeing marketing functions across the UK, France, Germany and India and will work to drive traffic to AOL's sites and products, to increase AOL users' engagement and to manage brand and sub-brand awareness and perception.
Bret joined AOL in 2002 and prior to this appointment was marketing and communications director for AOL France. Prior to that Bret spent 10 years at France Telecom working across many division including France Telecom North America and Wanadoo.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London