GMG and Apax hire Informa chief to lead Emap
LONDON - The new owners of business-to-business publisher Emap have appointed David Gilbertson from Informa as chief executive, to replace Derek Carter.
Gilbertson, who was appointed chief executive of Informa last year, has held senior positions with Reuters, Reed Elsevier and LLP Group -- the publisher of the Lloyds List shipping newspaper.
He will take over on March 20 from Carter, who has been chief executive of Emap's B2B division for 11 years. It is not clear whether Carter has another job lined up to go to.
At Informa, the chief executive role will revert to chairman Peter Rigby, with the senior independent director Derek Mapp taking the non-executive chairman role.
Guardian Media Group and Apax Partners, the team set up to complete their £1.3bn acquisition of the Broadcast and Construction News owning publisher this week, hailed Gilbertson's experience.
Irina Hemmers, a partner at Apax, said: "David has an excellent track record of growing information businesses both organically and through strategic acquisitions, and we are delighted that he has chosen to work with us at this exciting time in the evolution of the global B2B market space."
Gilbertson has spent almost 10 years at Informa, which has operations in more than 40 countries. He played a role in its creation through the merger of LLP, of which he was chief executive, and IBC in 1998.
Having joined LLP in 1987 as editor of Lloyd's List, he formed part of the management team that bought LLP from Lloyd's of London in 1995.
Gilbertson said: "Emap already has market-leading brands and positions in major business sectors and I believe these will provide a strong platform for growth both organically and through acquisition over the next few years."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London