A1GP appoints Octagon as it bolsters commercial team
LONDON - A1GP World Cup of Motorsport has appointed global sales and marketing agency Octagon Worldwide to assist in the strategic development and coordination of commercial sales for the series.
The operation will be based in Octagon's London offices and members of the recently strengthened A1GP commercial team will work on a day-to-day basis with them.
The A1GP commercial team covers all the parts of the world reporting to Scott Hollingsworth, chief commercial officer and regional CEO (Americas).
New appointments to the team include Julian Cottam as general manager for commercial development and Tarek Mokbel as general manager for commercial development Asia Pacific.
Cottam has been involved in the sport for more than 25 years and has worked with Prodrive and the McLaren and Renault F1 teams.
Based in London, Cottam will be responsible for coordinating sales development and will also work on finding new commercial partners for the series, in which drivers race in their own country's team.
Mokbel will manage sales and development and partnerships across Asia Pacific region from the Singapore office.
He has recently been working for Motorsport Asia and has also worked for Blackrock Sports Marketing on sponsorship acquisition for golf, rugby and motorsport.
Simon Robinson has been appointed as general manager for commercial development Middle East and Africa. He is based in the South Africa office and has worked for the series since 2005.
Stewart Bain, who works from the London offices of both A1GP and Octagon, is general manager of commercial development for Europe.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Senior/Account Director - Consumer/Lifestyle Clients Digital Gurus £45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- MW Copywriter Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London