Setanta nets Liverpool's Stephen Michael for new-media role
LONDON - Setanta Sports has appointed Stephen Michael, previously general manager of Liverpool Football Club's LFC TV, to the newly created position of director of new-media.
In his new role, Michael will manage Setanta's worldwide presence and the distribution of its content across the internet and mobile platforms.
Stephen joins Setanta after more than four years as the general manager of LFC TV, the media and e-business arm of Liverpool Football Club.
As director of new media he will manage Setanta's worldwide presence and the distribution of its content across the internet and mobile platforms.
In his previous role at LFC TV, Stephen transformed the business from a loss-making start-up to being the most commercially successful club media operation in Europe.
He was also responsible for securing the multimillion-pound partnership with Setanta Sports for the creation and distribution of a dedicated club channel. Prior to this, Stephen worked for Granada Media Group's sport and interactive division.
Timothy Ryan, Setanta's marketing director for Great Britain, said: "Stephen has a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering innovation; I welcome him to our growing team.
"New media continues to be an important focus for us and I look forward to working with Stephen to expand our offering across the internet and mobile platforms."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)