Mama Group appoints New Visions for mobile networking
LONDON - Mama Group, the owner of the Mean Fiddler and live music venues including The Forum, Hammersmith Apollo and The Jazz Cafe, has appointed mobile marketing specialist New Visions Mobile to develop its social networking strategy.
New Visions said that it would be creating a number of social networking applications for Mama brands, including the website for music magazine The Fly, music festival Lovebox (in which Mama owns a 25% stake) and venue websites. Activity will enable clubbers and music fans to join online and WAP communities by region, musical genre and venue.
In particularly, the agency will use its social networking mobile and web platform OurTribe to encourage Mama customers to create their own communities within Mama-hosted websites, enabling them to interact with one another using their PCs and WAP-enabled phones.
Adrian Coultas Pitman, Mama's managing director of digital media, said that the company looked at a number of agencies, but decided on New Vision on the basis of the range of services it could provide.
He said: "The social networking element is key to us. Our consumers can interact with each other inside and outside our clubs, on the web and on mobile. The focus of our media and digital strategy is about how we create a longer event experience through ticketing, community and our marketing technologies."
Julia McNally, New Visions director, said: "When we launched the social network platform our first roll out was with Kylie Konnect. It's been a huge success with fans who want to have a direct relationship with the artist via their mobile and PC and thousands of fans have signed up and are actively communicating with each other.
"The Mama Group's venues play host to so many leading artists and bands and they'll be able to interact with their customers in a unique way that allows them to quickly gain insights into what those customers really want."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire