Creative annual to champion Bristol agencies
LONDON - Bristol Media, a network of top creative agencies across all media, is to produce a high-quality 250-page annual to promote Bristol as a leading creative city.
It will also carry a directory of agencies, a round-up of the previous 12 months in creative, and a "Ones to watch" student section.
Bristol Media is printing more than 300,000 copies of the publication, which will be sent to the UK's top marketing directors, editors, journalists, local and regional government and London-based creative agencies.
Pete Levy, the vice-chair of Bristol Media, said: "Everything from the major employers such as Endemol and the BBC to the one man bands designing web sites in their bedroom and the hottest fashion designers leaving university will be featured in the publication."
The project has received the support of the South West Regional Development Agency, Bristol City Council, the Watershed's Bristol+ initiative, and film agency South West Screen.
The annual has been produced by integrated publishing firm Wildfire Communications. An independent editorial team will decide on its final content.
Andy Parkhouse, a partner at digital agency Team Rubber, said: "The idea has been on the cards for over two years and came out of a meeting when 15 of the cities leading creative agencies got together to discuss some of the challenges we faced growing our businesses here in Bristol.
"We all agreed that there were two significant barriers to growth, we found it hard to recruit senior staff and attract them to Bristol and we were frustrated with the lack of city marketing. Both elements were clearly linked."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London