Creative annual to champion Bristol agencies
LONDON - Bristol Media, a network of top creative agencies across all media, is to produce a high-quality 250-page annual to promote Bristol as a leading creative city.
It will also carry a directory of agencies, a round-up of the previous 12 months in creative, and a "Ones to watch" student section.
Bristol Media is printing more than 300,000 copies of the publication, which will be sent to the UK's top marketing directors, editors, journalists, local and regional government and London-based creative agencies.
Pete Levy, the vice-chair of Bristol Media, said: "Everything from the major employers such as Endemol and the BBC to the one man bands designing web sites in their bedroom and the hottest fashion designers leaving university will be featured in the publication."
The project has received the support of the South West Regional Development Agency, Bristol City Council, the Watershed's Bristol+ initiative, and film agency South West Screen.
The annual has been produced by integrated publishing firm Wildfire Communications. An independent editorial team will decide on its final content.
Andy Parkhouse, a partner at digital agency Team Rubber, said: "The idea has been on the cards for over two years and came out of a meeting when 15 of the cities leading creative agencies got together to discuss some of the challenges we faced growing our businesses here in Bristol.
"We all agreed that there were two significant barriers to growth, we found it hard to recruit senior staff and attract them to Bristol and we were frustrated with the lack of city marketing. Both elements were clearly linked."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London