Q Research launches mobile customer satisfaction polls
LONDON - Youth market research firm Q Research has announced plans to begin sending out customer satisfaction surveys by mobile phone to people who buy new technology.
The firm, which specialises in polling 11- to 25-year-olds, has begun working with a number of mobile phone manufacturers and technology providers to gauge customers' reactions to new devices they buy.
Using the manufacturer's customer records, Q sends out invitations to a pre-agreed number of respondents -- possibly within days of them buying the product. The surveys are filled in using the built-in web browser on a respondent's mobile phone.
Q Research said today it also hoped to roll out the mobile survey technology to mobile-enabled websites to allow publishers to find out more about their visitors.
Liam Corcoran, the Q Research managing director, said mobile phone polling had produced impressive response rates in the past.
"As long as they have customer permission, clients can send surveys to the mobile phones of as few or as many people as they like and receive the results quickly," he said.
"The approach allows clients to be proactive in handling problems as well as receiving feedback on products and services."
Q Research counts advertising and PR agencies, mobile handset manufacturers and network providers among its client list.
The firm has also used its mobile polling technology to carry out surveys for newspapers and magazines.
It was commissioned last year by Guardian Unlimited to find out what young people thought of the new London 2012 Olympics logo, and by B2B food industry magazine The Grocer to gauge teenagers' attitudes to healthy eating.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London