Oxfam urges consumers to 'be humankind'
LONDON - Oxfam is launching a nationwide advertising campaign, based on the theme of apathy and the strapline 'be humankind'.
The campaign, created by RKCR/Y&R, includes a 40-second TV spot and a provocative poster campaign.
In Oxfam's animated TV spot, an old lady is showing walking down a high street, while ignoring global issues such as poverty and Asian floods, which are represented by newspaper headlines and ticker tape breaking news stories.
However, the spot ends on an upbeat note, with a show of unity from a group of ordinary people who are shown having a powerful and positive impact on the world through their collective strength.
The old lady is shown extinguishing injustice with a beam of light that flows from her mouth, which encourage others to join her.
The TV activity will be accompanied by an eye-catching and colourful series of outdoor posters that launch on the April 21.
The posters encourage people to donate to the charity, with lines such as "Wanted. Jumpers, coats and people with their knickers in a twist", "Get rich quick. Give" and "Everyone deserves life's little luxuries. Food, Water, you know, that sort of thing".
The campaign is based on the idea that the issues affecting the world's most vulnerable people are intricately intertwined with everyone's lives, whether it is climate change or buying Fair Trade goods.
Julie Wood, director of corporate communications at Oxfam, said: "We want people to take a fresh look at the Oxfam they think they already know. A lot of people want to see change but feel useless when faced with the issues but we are all in this together.
"We want people to know many of the world's problems can be solved by them, if they just channel their passion for change into the right places."
Richard Exon, chief executive of RKCR/Y&R, said: "Oxfam is one of the most famous and effective charity brands in the world, and is leading the way in its approach to engaging everyone in its work. This campaign is a rallying cry to encourage people to stand up and be counted."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London