Caterpillar sells market research and analytics operations
LONDON - Construction equipment company Caterpillar has sold its market research and customer analytics arm to Indian IT services company Satyam Computer Services for $60m (£30.2m).
Following the acquisition, Satyam will launch a global market research business and analytics unit to service Caterpillar and other customers. Its services will include customer survey execution, forecasting, segmentation and new product development.
It is planning to have offices in India, Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
B Ramalinga Raju, chairman of Satyam, said: "We were honoured to be named one of Caterpillar's few strategic partners in 2005, and this acquisition further demonstrates the trust both organisations have in each other.
"It also accelerates development of our business transformation capabilities and further enhances our end-to-end business solutions."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London