Euro RSCG scoops Chivas Regal's global account
LONDON - Euro RSCG has landed a place on the Pernod Ricard roster after winning global creative duties on the Chivas Regal whisky brand.
The Havas-owned agency picked up the business following a two-way pitch against the incumbent agency, TBWA\Worldwide. The agency will run the account out of its London office.
Martin Riley, the international marketing director for Chivas Regal, said: "We have already been impressed by their dynamic team and the international understanding they have brought to the brand and [we] look forward to a new creative approach over the coming months and years."
Chivas Regal's media planning and buying account is handled by Aegis Media, which retained the £100m international Pernod Ricard account last December.
Omnicom Group's TBWA, whose New York and London offices handled the account, remains on Pernod's roster. The agency handles brands including Jameson, Martel, Seagram, Chivas Bros Royal Salute and Absolut, which Pernod is in the process of acquiring.
Euro RSCG will produce advertising that is predominantly used in Asia and the US, where the brand is well-known, with some exposure in the UK market. The Scotch whisky brand is available in more than 200 countries and in 2007, the brand sold a record 4m nine-litre cases around the world.
It was first produced in 1801 by brothers James and John Chivas in Aberdeen, Scotland, and was acquired by Pernod Ricard in 2000 upon the break up of the Seagrams Group.
The brand recently sponsored The Black Eyed Peas, Robbie Williams and Christina Aguilera's tours in Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...