Euro RSCG scoops Chivas Regal's global account
LONDON - Euro RSCG has landed a place on the Pernod Ricard roster after winning global creative duties on the Chivas Regal whisky brand.
The Havas-owned agency picked up the business following a two-way pitch against the incumbent agency, TBWA\Worldwide. The agency will run the account out of its London office.
Martin Riley, the international marketing director for Chivas Regal, said: "We have already been impressed by their dynamic team and the international understanding they have brought to the brand and [we] look forward to a new creative approach over the coming months and years."
Chivas Regal's media planning and buying account is handled by Aegis Media, which retained the £100m international Pernod Ricard account last December.
Omnicom Group's TBWA, whose New York and London offices handled the account, remains on Pernod's roster. The agency handles brands including Jameson, Martel, Seagram, Chivas Bros Royal Salute and Absolut, which Pernod is in the process of acquiring.
Euro RSCG will produce advertising that is predominantly used in Asia and the US, where the brand is well-known, with some exposure in the UK market. The Scotch whisky brand is available in more than 200 countries and in 2007, the brand sold a record 4m nine-litre cases around the world.
It was first produced in 1801 by brothers James and John Chivas in Aberdeen, Scotland, and was acquired by Pernod Ricard in 2000 upon the break up of the Seagrams Group.
The brand recently sponsored The Black Eyed Peas, Robbie Williams and Christina Aguilera's tours in Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1