Research Studios unveils Polish newspaper launch
LONDON - Design agency Research Studios has followed up its redesigns of The Times and Guardian Unlimited by designing the new Polish national newspaper Polska.
The agency, which was founded by British magazine legend Neville Brody, has spent a year working on the Polska launch, which is one of the biggest events in Polish newspaper publishing for some years.
The compact format newspaper, published by Polskapress, will be published in colour and will carry themed supplements every day. Six regional daily versions will appear, from Monday to Saturday.
Polska has been created in cooperation with The Times. Its front cover bears The Times logo in vignette and it features selected editorial content from the UK paper.
Matt Brown, design director of Polska, said: "Readers see the Polska layout as a new model of a nationwide newspaper with a very modern feel. The key to success of the newspaper will not be as a nationwide daily but in its basic philosophy of being a totally local newspaper that has the look and feel of a national title."
Brody shot to fame as the designer behind The Face magazine, which became known for its unusual typography and layouts. Research Studios worked on the new typeface for The Times, as well as brands such as Dom Perignon and the D&AD Annual.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire