PRCA endorses Netemic's Web 2.0 monitoring tool
LONDON - The Public Relations Consultants Association is to endorse Netemic's automated online social media monitoring tool, after striking a discount deal with the software firm.
The iFeed tool scours the sites to discover content matching companies, products and services; it then delivers the relevant results to the user.
This gives subscribing agencies a real time measure of brand awareness and consumer sentiment.
As part of the deal, the PRCA will recommend iFeed to its members, made up of over 140 PR consultancies. In return, Netemic will discount the price of the software licence to these agencies.
PRCA members will be charged £495 per month for three months for a five-licence package. This will allow the use of iFeed for five clients at a discounted price of £99 per licence (against a list price of £300 per licence).
Members who continue with the service will be offered their first five licences at £150 each per month, or half the usual price.
Netemic said that iFeed was created in response to the explosion in social media content and its rapidly growing importance as a key channel of influence.
Francis Ingham, director general of the PRCA, said: "Social media has huge implications for brands.
"At the very least companies should be monitoring what is said about them in these uncontrolled and uncensored environments to ensure they are able to anticipate potential issues.
"More proactive companies will see the ability to monitor unconstrained influencers as an opportunity to improve their products and services. iFeed makes these processes much easier."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London