PHD scoops British Heart Foundation's £5m media account
LONDON - The British Heart Foundation has appointed PHD to handle its £5m media planning and buying account.
PHD won the account after a three-way pitch against Mediaedge:cia and Arena BLM, which was overseen by the AAR.
The incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD, which had held the business for over a decade, was not involved in the pitch.
BHF called a review of both its creative and media planning and buying accounts last month.
Grey London was appointed to handle BHF's creative account after a four-way pitch.
David Barker, head of communications at BHF, said: "Both Grey London and PHD excelled in their creative and longer term strategic thinking. We are looking forward to working with them to help fight the UK's biggest killer -- heart disease.
"This exciting new partnership with two terrific agencies will give us a consistent voice and approach in reaching highly diverse people with a range of important social and health messages."
BHF will be investing £5m in three campaigns over the next year, which the two agencies will be responsible for.
Daren Rubins, managing director for PHD UK, said: "The BHF are looking for clear, strategic thinking and powerful ideas that influence people, so it couldn't be a better partnership. We're absolutely thrilled to be chosen to help them."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Planner / Brand Strategist Rare Selection Up to £55K + benefits, Central London
- Strategy Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £85K + bonus & benefits, Central London