PHD scoops British Heart Foundation's £5m media account
LONDON - The British Heart Foundation has appointed PHD to handle its £5m media planning and buying account.
PHD won the account after a three-way pitch against Mediaedge:cia and Arena BLM, which was overseen by the AAR.
The incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD, which had held the business for over a decade, was not involved in the pitch.
BHF called a review of both its creative and media planning and buying accounts last month.
Grey London was appointed to handle BHF's creative account after a four-way pitch.
David Barker, head of communications at BHF, said: "Both Grey London and PHD excelled in their creative and longer term strategic thinking. We are looking forward to working with them to help fight the UK's biggest killer -- heart disease.
"This exciting new partnership with two terrific agencies will give us a consistent voice and approach in reaching highly diverse people with a range of important social and health messages."
BHF will be investing £5m in three campaigns over the next year, which the two agencies will be responsible for.
Daren Rubins, managing director for PHD UK, said: "The BHF are looking for clear, strategic thinking and powerful ideas that influence people, so it couldn't be a better partnership. We're absolutely thrilled to be chosen to help them."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London