Sony Ericsson renews MTV Europe awards sponsorship
LONDON - Sony Ericsson has extended its sponsorship of the MTV Europe Music Awards for the next two years, including this year's ceremony to be held in Liverpool.
The multi-platform deal covers television, online and mobile and, for the first time, Sony Ericsson will offer territory-specific network operator, retail and service provider for the 2008 event
Sony Ericsson said that the deal reflected the way the youth of today use their handsets.
Greg Varner, head of marketing for Sony Ericsson Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: "Young people are using their mobiles to enjoy music and entertainment more than ever before.
"Therefore, the MTV Europe Music Awards partnership is an ideal route to provide our customers with exciting content, enriched communication and entertainment experiences and most importantly access to their favourite music artists."
Research undertaken by MTVNI asked 18,000 young people in 16 countries about their use of technology. It found that listening to music via mobile phones was tied third with taking pictures as a popular daily activity after talking and texting, and that just under 60% of all 16- to 24-year-olds have added music tracks to their mobile phones.
The new partnership between covers 21 channels in 40 European countries including Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire