Sony Ericsson renews MTV Europe awards sponsorship
LONDON - Sony Ericsson has extended its sponsorship of the MTV Europe Music Awards for the next two years, including this year's ceremony to be held in Liverpool.
The multi-platform deal covers television, online and mobile and, for the first time, Sony Ericsson will offer territory-specific network operator, retail and service provider for the 2008 event
Sony Ericsson said that the deal reflected the way the youth of today use their handsets.
Greg Varner, head of marketing for Sony Ericsson Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: "Young people are using their mobiles to enjoy music and entertainment more than ever before.
"Therefore, the MTV Europe Music Awards partnership is an ideal route to provide our customers with exciting content, enriched communication and entertainment experiences and most importantly access to their favourite music artists."
Research undertaken by MTVNI asked 18,000 young people in 16 countries about their use of technology. It found that listening to music via mobile phones was tied third with taking pictures as a popular daily activity after talking and texting, and that just under 60% of all 16- to 24-year-olds have added music tracks to their mobile phones.
The new partnership between covers 21 channels in 40 European countries including Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London