Barclays hands global marketing role to Chambers
LONDON - Barclays has appointed Barclaycard's Elizabeth Chambers to the newly created role of chief marketing officer for global retail and commercial banking.
In her new role, Chambers will work with leaders across global retail and commercial banking around the world to optimise marketing investment and transfer best practice, particularly in new markets and channels.
Chambers will also maintain her current responsibilities at Barclaycard.
Prior to joining Barclaycard as chief marketing officer in 2006, Chambers held senior roles with Bank of America, Reader's Digest and McKinsey & Company, where she was partner.
At the end of last year, Barclays split the lead marketing role formerly held by Jim Hytner in two, appointing Dave Jeppeson as UK retail marketing director and Richard French as commercial marketing director. Chambers is expected to oversee both of these roles.
Hytner quit as the bank's group brand and UK banking marketing director in August to move to Top Up TV as commercial director.
Barclays lost another marketer to Top Up TV in March this year, when Sarah Wise stepped down as marketing communications manager after a decade with the financial services provider.
Chambers said: "This is a very exciting time for us with many of our growth plans accelerating.
"We're making strong progress in building our brands globally by embedding innovation and customer centricity in all of our propositions and channels."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG