Future launches PS3-enabled digital mag
NEW YORK - Future Publishing has signed a deal with Sony Computer Entertainment America to produce a monthly ad-funded digital magazine for the PlayStation network in the US.
The deal will enable PlayStation 3 owners to view and download high-definition digital content such as games demos, previews, interviews with developers and strategy guides via their console's broadband connection.
The initiative only affects the US so far. However, Future is also in discussions with Sony in the UK and Europe about the possibility of rolling out the concept this side of the Atlantic.
The Qore initiative has been developed using Future US-owned technology. It will carry content provided by Future's video games editorial staff and the US arm of the publisher will hold exclusive rights to sell advertising on the programme.
Future has developed what it describes as an "innovative ad model that incorporates rich media advertisements such as trailers, interstitials and contextual ads".
Qore users will be able to pay for one-off monthly or annual subscriptions when it launches tomorrow.
Stevie Spring, Future's chief executive, said: "As the publisher of official magazines for Sony PlayStation in the US and the UK, our strategy is to create powerful integrated media solutions for readers and advertisers across different platforms, in print and online.
"Qore will provide a unique way for advertisers to connect directly with gamers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire