Future launches PS3-enabled digital mag
NEW YORK - Future Publishing has signed a deal with Sony Computer Entertainment America to produce a monthly ad-funded digital magazine for the PlayStation network in the US.
The deal will enable PlayStation 3 owners to view and download high-definition digital content such as games demos, previews, interviews with developers and strategy guides via their console's broadband connection.
The initiative only affects the US so far. However, Future is also in discussions with Sony in the UK and Europe about the possibility of rolling out the concept this side of the Atlantic.
The Qore initiative has been developed using Future US-owned technology. It will carry content provided by Future's video games editorial staff and the US arm of the publisher will hold exclusive rights to sell advertising on the programme.
Future has developed what it describes as an "innovative ad model that incorporates rich media advertisements such as trailers, interstitials and contextual ads".
Qore users will be able to pay for one-off monthly or annual subscriptions when it launches tomorrow.
Stevie Spring, Future's chief executive, said: "As the publisher of official magazines for Sony PlayStation in the US and the UK, our strategy is to create powerful integrated media solutions for readers and advertisers across different platforms, in print and online.
"Qore will provide a unique way for advertisers to connect directly with gamers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, South East (Home Counties)