AOL launches men's lifestyle site Asylum in UK
LONDON - AOL has expanded its men's lifestyle site Asylum.com with four international editions including the UK and Australia.
Asylum's expansion comes six months after the site was launched in the US, in December 2007.
AOL claims that the site is already attracting around 3m US unique visitors a month with nearly 40% of the traffic coming to Asylum from outside the AOL network.
Jared Willig, Asylum managing director, said: "Based on the successful launch of Asylum in the U.S., we are actively growing this brand internationally.
"We're confident that Asylum's unique editorial voice, which provides an irreverent look at all things that matter to guys, will resonate with a worldwide audience."
Each international site has its own locally-based editorial team that creates local content and syndicates further content from the US and the other Asylum sites.
In addition, standard and customised local advertising packages are available.
The site features a blog-like structure designed to provide readers with a constant flow of new editorial features, while reader-submitted stories, user polls and robust commenting have created an extremely active and engaged community.
Some of Asylum's most popular features include: Happy Hour Hero -- weird news and facts to impress your friends at the bar; Steal that Style -- great looks from celebrities, movies, TV shows; Cheat Sheet -- daily wrap of celebrity and sports headlines men need to know; and Below the Belt, the best of... women and sex.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London