Converse offers free song from eclectic US trio
LONDON - Three US musicians with diverse styles, including Pharrell Williams and The Strokes' Julian Casablancas, have joined to co-write and perform a one-off single to be distributed free from Converse's website in celebration of the shoe brand's 100th anniversary.
'My Drive Thru', which will be released online tomorrow June 10, has been created by Williams from NERD, Santogold and Julian Casablancas, lead singer of indie rock band The Strokes.
The artists collaborated on the track and also participated in the creation of a music video for the single.
The song will be promoted in part through Converse's print, outdoor and online advertising with the tagline: "Three Artists, One Song."
Geoff Cottrill, chief marketing officer of Converse, said: "Converse has been embraced by an amazingly diverse group of musicians and artists over the years.
"As we celebrate the brand's first century, we thought it would be fun to bring together Pharrell, Santogold, and Julian, to create new music together that bridges the styles they are known for.
"The results are everything we hoped for and we're excited to add 'My Drive Thru' into the mix of music that fans will listen to this summer. The music industry is changing and this partnership is about the music and sharing it with fans for free."
'My Drive Thru' can be downloaded from Converse.com and authorised Converse websites worldwide.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London