Wonderbra seeks women to appear on bra billboard
LONDON - Wonderbra is backing the launch of its famous push-up bra in D to G cup sizes with an integrated push to invite thousands of women to show off their cleavage for a billboard ad.
The campaign has been created by Iris, which first began working on events for the lingerie brand at the start of 2006 and went on to land its PR and digital business.
The strategy is aimed at encouraging women to attend a photoshoot on June 28, but also includes a microsite that gives them the chance to submit their pictures without attending.
This shows how advertising has changed since Wonderbra's iconic 1990s 'Hello Boys' work, according to Natasha Williams, a director of Iris PR.
"Today it is not about talking at your market, it is about involving them in the creation of the marketing," she said.
PR activity, starting today, includes the publication of images in the same style of celebrities such as Toni Terry, the wife of Chelsea and England footballer John Terry.
The images will be used in a Wonderbra for Breast Cancer Care 2009 calendar, which will generate money for the charity.
Awareness of the microsite will be helped by a cheeky viral showing a montage of objects representing familiar nicknames for breasts -- from puppies to jugs.
The campaign will culminate in the unveiling of the billboard, featuring thousands of the images, in Central London on August 11. Images will simultaneous appear on an interactive version on the microsite.
It is not known where the billboard will be located, but the circular BFI Imax building in Waterloo has been used for large-scale creative featuring composite images before.
Julia Nolan, marketing manager for Wonderbra, said: "In a world of celebrity advertising and endorsement, Iris has created an inclusive campaign that reaches our audience directly and offers every woman in the UK the chance to be part of a Wonderbra advertising campaign."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London