Barclays to sponsor tennis in £17.5m deal
LONDON - Barclays has signed a £17.5m five-year deal with ATP, the governing body for men's professional tennis, to become title sponsor of its end-of-season finals from 2009.
The event will be renamed the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and will replace the Tennis Masters Cup, which is currently held in Shanghai's Qi Zhong Tennis Center.
Shanghai has played host since 2005.
Next year, the season-ending event will be held in London's O2 Arena, featuring the world's top eight singles players and eight doubles teams.
Elizabeth Chambers, chief marketing officer of global retail and commercial banking at Barclays, said: "We are very pleased to be bringing the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals to London next year.
"It provides a solid platform for Barclays to deepen our relationships with key clients in line with our growth strategy, while also heightening our global profile."
Barclay's five-year deal is worth around £3.5m a year and includes the option to extend to eight years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London
- Junior Account Manager and Account Manager air recruitment Up to £28K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager and Account Director (TV Experts) air recruitment £38K-£55K (dependent on experience) plus benefits, Central London