Barclays to sponsor tennis in £17.5m deal
LONDON - Barclays has signed a £17.5m five-year deal with ATP, the governing body for men's professional tennis, to become title sponsor of its end-of-season finals from 2009.
The event will be renamed the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and will replace the Tennis Masters Cup, which is currently held in Shanghai's Qi Zhong Tennis Center.
Shanghai has played host since 2005.
Next year, the season-ending event will be held in London's O2 Arena, featuring the world's top eight singles players and eight doubles teams.
Elizabeth Chambers, chief marketing officer of global retail and commercial banking at Barclays, said: "We are very pleased to be bringing the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals to London next year.
"It provides a solid platform for Barclays to deepen our relationships with key clients in line with our growth strategy, while also heightening our global profile."
Barclay's five-year deal is worth around £3.5m a year and includes the option to extend to eight years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London