Facebook vice-president Cohler departs
LONDON - Facebook's vice-president of product development Matt Cohler is leaving the social networking site to become a partner at one of its investors, US venture capital firm Benchmark.
Cohler, who was one of the first members of staff at Facebook, is not severing all ties with his former employer as he will become a formal advisor to Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's founder.
Zuckerberg said: "[Cohler] has been an important contributor to Facebook's growth and success and we are pleased he will continue working in a formal role as a special advisor to me and the Facebook management team."
Cohler's departure comes six weeks after Facebook's chief technology officer Adam D'Angelo parted ways with the social networking site.
Separately, Facebook has set up a Chinese version of its site.
Users accessing Facebook from mainland China are now redirected to zh-cn.facebook.com, which features a simplified version of Chinese used on mainland China.
Facebook has also created a version in traditional Chinese -- the language used in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The Chinese versions follow the launch of Spanish, German and French versions earlier this year.
News Corporation's MySpace already has more than 20 country-specific sites and has versions in Spanish, French, German and Italian, as well as in Chinese, which was launched in April 2007.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...