Facebook vice-president Cohler departs
LONDON - Facebook's vice-president of product development Matt Cohler is leaving the social networking site to become a partner at one of its investors, US venture capital firm Benchmark.
Cohler, who was one of the first members of staff at Facebook, is not severing all ties with his former employer as he will become a formal advisor to Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's founder.
Zuckerberg said: "[Cohler] has been an important contributor to Facebook's growth and success and we are pleased he will continue working in a formal role as a special advisor to me and the Facebook management team."
Cohler's departure comes six weeks after Facebook's chief technology officer Adam D'Angelo parted ways with the social networking site.
Separately, Facebook has set up a Chinese version of its site.
Users accessing Facebook from mainland China are now redirected to zh-cn.facebook.com, which features a simplified version of Chinese used on mainland China.
Facebook has also created a version in traditional Chinese -- the language used in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The Chinese versions follow the launch of Spanish, German and French versions earlier this year.
News Corporation's MySpace already has more than 20 country-specific sites and has versions in Spanish, French, German and Italian, as well as in Chinese, which was launched in April 2007.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Assistant Loyalty Programme Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South West England