NSPCC unveils TV ad to promote need for donors
LONDON - The NSPCC is launching a direct response television campaign through WWAV Rapp Collins London in a bid to build a base of regular donors.
The 60-second spot will air on terrestrial and non-terrestrial channels from July 1. It is shot in black and white in an effort to establish the contrast between children who are loved and cared for and those who suffer from a life of neglect and abuse.
The ad begins portraying a positive side to family life, children are hugged by other members of their family and the voice over points out that "sometimes a hug is all it takes".
The positive tone is then dismissed and replaced with an emotional scene of children alone, with a voice over announcing that "Ryan doesn't get any hugs...he just gets beaten" and other moving statements.
Viewers are told they "can put a protective arm around vulnerable children by calling 0800 32 32 31 to donate £2 a month to the NSPCC".
Lisa Williams, NSPCC appeals manager, said: "It's easy to take for granted simple but meaningful acts of affection. The NSPCC can and will help with the support of committed donors."
The NSPCC is also airing two adapted existing DRTV ads at the same time, 'Anybody out there' and the ChildLine ad, 'Heart'. The latter is being aired in its new format in Scotland for the first time.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London