BBC Global News unveils global digital roster
LONDON - BBC Global News has reappointed Agency Republic and added Play to its global roster of digital agencies.
The BBC Global News roster will work on the BBC World Service, which broadcasts on radio, TV and online, and BBC World News television.
Campaigns in the forthcoming year are likely to promote a range of language programming including English, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese, as well as the World Service's 24-hour Arabic station.
The agencies will be responsible for helping attract new audiences to the BBC's online service.
The review process, which began late last year, was headed by Jane Futrell, head of brand identity at BBC Global News.
Futrell, said: "Diaspora audiences are increasingly important to Global News -- people who speak a language are connecting with countries and cultures through the BBC, even when they live thousands of miles away.
"And the audience too is increasingly online-savvy -- they have high expectations from us."
Gavin Marshall, group business director at Agency Republic, said: "We're delighted to be reappointed to the roster and to have the opportunity to build on the success of the innovative creative campaigns that we have run across 23 markets over the past four years."
Matt Gorzkowski, managing director of Play, said: "The BBC means so much to so many people around the world, and we are proud to play a role in its future."
The roster is in place for two years with an option to review and extend by a further two years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)