BBC Global News unveils global digital roster
LONDON - BBC Global News has reappointed Agency Republic and added Play to its global roster of digital agencies.
The BBC Global News roster will work on the BBC World Service, which broadcasts on radio, TV and online, and BBC World News television.
Campaigns in the forthcoming year are likely to promote a range of language programming including English, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese, as well as the World Service's 24-hour Arabic station.
The agencies will be responsible for helping attract new audiences to the BBC's online service.
The review process, which began late last year, was headed by Jane Futrell, head of brand identity at BBC Global News.
Futrell, said: "Diaspora audiences are increasingly important to Global News -- people who speak a language are connecting with countries and cultures through the BBC, even when they live thousands of miles away.
"And the audience too is increasingly online-savvy -- they have high expectations from us."
Gavin Marshall, group business director at Agency Republic, said: "We're delighted to be reappointed to the roster and to have the opportunity to build on the success of the innovative creative campaigns that we have run across 23 markets over the past four years."
Matt Gorzkowski, managing director of Play, said: "The BBC means so much to so many people around the world, and we are proud to play a role in its future."
The roster is in place for two years with an option to review and extend by a further two years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London