Virgin TV backs Challenge Jackpot with £3m campaign
LONDON - Virgin Television is backing its new interactive gaming channel Challenge Jackpot with a £3m launch campaign created by Publicis London.
Challenge Jackpot launches today with a TV channel and an interactive service on Virgin Media, as well as a website with casino games and a stream of the TV broadcast. It is being launched by Virgin Television wiht Two Way Gaming.
Publicis was appointed to create a TV, print and online campaign and came up with the strapline "your favourite place to play".
The launch ads for the channel focus on the combination of TV and interactive gaming that the new channel offers. It will broadcast at least eight hours of live studio programming every day.
At launch, its flagship game will be 'Roulette Nation' and this will be joined by live blackjack and live bingo. Outside of its live output, viewers will be able to play along with a range of automated games supplied by Two Way Gaming, which will include 'Get Set Roulette', 'Face Up Hold 'Em' and 'Hot Shot Keno'. TV presenter and reality TV star Jeff Brazier, better known as the former Mr Jade Goody, will be one of the hosts fronting Challenge Jackpot.
The challengejackpot.com website launches with a multi-game internet casino, as well as streaming of the television roulette games.
Challenge Jackpot will be cross-promoted through the Virgin Media Television channels, including Virgin1, Bravo, Living and Challenge.
Johnny Webb, managing director of Virgin Media Television, said: "Challenge Jackpot is the first step to reinventing Challenge for the 21st century. We want this new channel to continue the values of fun and excitement that have long been synonymous with Challenge -- but also to take the relationship with our viewers to the next level of interactivity."
Neil Simpson, chief executive of Publicis, said: "Online gaming in the UK is evolving rapidly away from functional betting into a rounded entertainment experience. Publicis is delighted to be working with Two Way Gaming and Virgin Media Television on the creation of this multi-platform gaming brand.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire