CNN creates UGC campaign for South Africa
LONDON - CNN International and South African Tourism have created a user-generated campaign aimed at raising the profile of the country among business and leisure travellers.
The multimedia campaign, which launches this month and runs until 2010, will comprise TV, print and digital elements.
The activity will point users towards a microsite, where they can upload their photographs, films and stories about South Africa. The best selections will be showcased on CNN International as advertorial vignettes.
As well as TV, the ads will run in print format in CNN International Traveller magazine.
The website, which was created by London-based consultancy Brand 42, will also host a picture gallery where visitors can rate the entries, sign up for a monthly newsletter and quarterly magazine. It will be supported by a viral push and social networking activity on Facebook and Flickr.
Rani Raad, CNN's International senior vice-president of ad sales, said: "This campaign taps into the trend towards sharing experiences and sees the audience truly become part of the marketing mix, by creating the advertising themselves.
"It's a breakthrough campaign where South Africa Tourism can draw on CNN's expertise in creating completely flexible, bespoke brand concepts to reach the right audience for their business."
South African Tourism is the national tourism agency responsible for marketing the country as a preferred tourist destination. Its head-quarters is in Johannesburg, with offices in Europe, Asia, the US and Australia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London