CNN creates UGC campaign for South Africa
LONDON - CNN International and South African Tourism have created a user-generated campaign aimed at raising the profile of the country among business and leisure travellers.
The multimedia campaign, which launches this month and runs until 2010, will comprise TV, print and digital elements.
The activity will point users towards a microsite, where they can upload their photographs, films and stories about South Africa. The best selections will be showcased on CNN International as advertorial vignettes.
As well as TV, the ads will run in print format in CNN International Traveller magazine.
The website, which was created by London-based consultancy Brand 42, will also host a picture gallery where visitors can rate the entries, sign up for a monthly newsletter and quarterly magazine. It will be supported by a viral push and social networking activity on Facebook and Flickr.
Rani Raad, CNN's International senior vice-president of ad sales, said: "This campaign taps into the trend towards sharing experiences and sees the audience truly become part of the marketing mix, by creating the advertising themselves.
"It's a breakthrough campaign where South Africa Tourism can draw on CNN's expertise in creating completely flexible, bespoke brand concepts to reach the right audience for their business."
South African Tourism is the national tourism agency responsible for marketing the country as a preferred tourist destination. Its head-quarters is in Johannesburg, with offices in Europe, Asia, the US and Australia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London