BBC World News creates centralised news operation
LONDON - The BBC is to pool the news gathering teams from BBC World News television, online and BBC World Service radio and online into a centralised pool to create a multimedia international news operation.
The central world news hub, as the BBC is dubbing it, will begin operating on July 7. At the same time BBC World News, the 24-hour television station, will start broadcasting from a new studio at Television Centre. This has been designed to fit with the channel's brand refresh.
BBC World News will have some programming changes, including a new hour-long World News Today programme, hosted by Mishal Husain, which will broadcast during the evening peak times across Asia Pacific.
The 10am BST news programme will move from a half-hour format to a full hour, broadcasting live events and breaking news. It will now be hosted by Lucy Hockings and David Eades.
Richard Porter, head of news for BBC World News, said: "Now our international news talent is in one location, we can further strengthen our output across TV, online and radio platforms.
"These changes, along with the new studio and news programming, demonstrate our commitment to providing viewers with the best international news and information available."
BBC World News is commercially funded and owned by BBC World, one of the commercial companies that are part of the corporation.
It broadcasts in more than 200 territories, as well as on cruise ships, airlines and mobile phone networks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London