UK digital companies invited on US trade trip
LONDON - UK Trade & Investment has selected digital media company Chinwag to take UK digital SMEs on trade tours to New York and Texas, allowing them to make business contacts and market their services at two of the most influential web events in the world.
Digital SMEs are invited to apply to join the trip, which includes visiting the Web 2.0 Expo in New York in 2008 and the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, Texas in 2009.
The New York City trip from September 14-19 is for 25 UK companies, while the Texas trip takes 40 UK companies from March 13-17 2009.
Entries are welcome from companies ranging from marketing agencies through to e-commerce operators, mobile service providers and start-ups.
The closing date for NYC entries is July 23.
A judging panel of industry experts and commentators, including Mike Butcher, the editor of TechCrunch UK, and Herb Kim, chief executive of Codeworks, will select the winning companies.
Chinwag and UKTI will oversee the travel arrangements and itinerary, including one-to-one meetings and PR, while attending companies receive discounted travel costs.
Sam Michel, chief executive of Chinwag, said: "The Digital Missions to NYC and Austin represent a major opportunity for UK participants to make connections and build fruitful business relationships against the vibrant backdrop of hugely successful events.
"Working with the UKTI and the broader web community on this initiative is a natural progression of our aim: to be a connecting rod for ideas and talent across new media."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London