Felix Dennis looks to revitalise UK printing with B&T purchase
LONDON - Felix Dennis, chairman of Dennis Publishing, has bought book printer Butler & Tanner for an undisclosed sum and is renaming it Butler, Tanner & Dennis.
A new board of directors will run the company, which is scheduled to open on August 1, with Dennis taking the position of chairman.
Ian Leggett, group finance director for Dennis Publishing, will take up the role of deputy chairman; former Butler & Tanner director Kevin Sarney will become managing director.
The business will trade from its premises in Frome, Somerset and will open with 80 former members of staff on site.
The management team will focus on building and developing the Butler, Tanner & Dennis business to ensure sustainable growth.
Butler & Dennis's product range has included BBC books for Delia Smith; Penguin books for Jamie Oliver; annual reports for Marks & Spencer and Shell; and corporate brochures for Aston Martin and Rolls Royce.
Dennis said: "We strongly believe that book and corporate publishers in the UK will seize the chance to reduce the carbon footprint of their publications by working with Butler, Tanner & Dennis, rather than in Asia and other faraway places.
"We look forward to providing the UK's publishing industry with a quality colour printer based in the UK."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Visual Merchandising - Luxury Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, Birmingham
- HEAD OF DIGITAL SALES Success Digital £Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme, Manchester