Felix Dennis looks to revitalise UK printing with B&T purchase
LONDON - Felix Dennis, chairman of Dennis Publishing, has bought book printer Butler & Tanner for an undisclosed sum and is renaming it Butler, Tanner & Dennis.
A new board of directors will run the company, which is scheduled to open on August 1, with Dennis taking the position of chairman.
Ian Leggett, group finance director for Dennis Publishing, will take up the role of deputy chairman; former Butler & Tanner director Kevin Sarney will become managing director.
The business will trade from its premises in Frome, Somerset and will open with 80 former members of staff on site.
The management team will focus on building and developing the Butler, Tanner & Dennis business to ensure sustainable growth.
Butler & Dennis's product range has included BBC books for Delia Smith; Penguin books for Jamie Oliver; annual reports for Marks & Spencer and Shell; and corporate brochures for Aston Martin and Rolls Royce.
Dennis said: "We strongly believe that book and corporate publishers in the UK will seize the chance to reduce the carbon footprint of their publications by working with Butler, Tanner & Dennis, rather than in Asia and other faraway places.
"We look forward to providing the UK's publishing industry with a quality colour printer based in the UK."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London