Tangent hires Wheatley to head local strategy
LONDON - Digital and direct marketing specialist Tangent Communications has appointed Andy Wheatley as its director of strategy for local marketing.
Wheatley, whose career has seen him work for brand owners including Diageo, Red Bull, Unilever, Kimberly-Clark, Nestle and Michelin, will work on the strategic development of Toolkit, Tangent's proprietary marketing tool that enables brands to communicate with customers at a local level.
He will also work closely with the firm's joint chief executives, Tim and Nick Green, on the company's marketing and new business strategy.
Wheatley joins Tangent from EMO Group, where he was business development director. Prior to that he was managing director of WPP's The Brand Union in Asia Pacific and has also worked as an independent brand consultant.
Tim Green said: "We're seeing significant growth in demand for Toolkit and local marketing expertise in general, as brands strive to get closer to their customers more effectively and with greater accountability.
"Andy's branding experience will make it easier for clients to find the right balance between national brand objectives and local needs, and help them to make local marketing a core component of their marketing strategies."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- SR DESIGNER Red Sofa London £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Web Developer Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £22k + benefits, Colchester
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol