Tangent hires Wheatley to head local strategy
LONDON - Digital and direct marketing specialist Tangent Communications has appointed Andy Wheatley as its director of strategy for local marketing.
Wheatley, whose career has seen him work for brand owners including Diageo, Red Bull, Unilever, Kimberly-Clark, Nestle and Michelin, will work on the strategic development of Toolkit, Tangent's proprietary marketing tool that enables brands to communicate with customers at a local level.
He will also work closely with the firm's joint chief executives, Tim and Nick Green, on the company's marketing and new business strategy.
Wheatley joins Tangent from EMO Group, where he was business development director. Prior to that he was managing director of WPP's The Brand Union in Asia Pacific and has also worked as an independent brand consultant.
Tim Green said: "We're seeing significant growth in demand for Toolkit and local marketing expertise in general, as brands strive to get closer to their customers more effectively and with greater accountability.
"Andy's branding experience will make it easier for clients to find the right balance between national brand objectives and local needs, and help them to make local marketing a core component of their marketing strategies."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London