Saatchi & Saatchi X promotes Hathaway to lead Europe
LONDON - Shopper marketing agency Saatchi & Saatchi X has promoted Simon Hathaway from UK CEO to the newly created job of EMEA CEO, and hired Anthony Hopper as general manager for the UK.
Hathaway joined Saatchi & Saatchi group in 2003. He has headed the UK branch of X since it was established in 2004 and has successfully managed a variety of international retail brands.
According to Tom Murray, global CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi X, Hathaway has demonstrated he is ready for the role.
"Simon is a proven performer who constantly delivers. He will further spark the innovative work being done across Europe for Saatchi & Saatchi X, and is a key member of our executive global team," Murray said.
Filling Hathaway's shoes, Anthony Hopper will be the new general manager of Saatchi & Saatchi X's UK office.
Hopper joins from Chemistry Group where he was head of strategy and planning. During his career he has worked on brands including Bailey's, Emirates Airlines, and Pepsi and in roles including client services director at The Marketing Store Worldwide in Sydney, Australia.
Hopper said the importance of Saatchi & Saatchi X's shopper marketing offering would grow.
"We're at the tipping point, where more and more brand owners are coming to us as pioneers of shopper marketing, to share the vision and demonstrate how it can add value to their business," he said.
"For me, a key part of this is demonstrating the role it can also play outside of the retail environment - we believe that understanding shopper thinking is critical to more effective marketing campaigns."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London