Saatchi & Saatchi X promotes Hathaway to lead Europe
LONDON - Shopper marketing agency Saatchi & Saatchi X has promoted Simon Hathaway from UK CEO to the newly created job of EMEA CEO, and hired Anthony Hopper as general manager for the UK.
Hathaway joined Saatchi & Saatchi group in 2003. He has headed the UK branch of X since it was established in 2004 and has successfully managed a variety of international retail brands.
According to Tom Murray, global CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi X, Hathaway has demonstrated he is ready for the role.
"Simon is a proven performer who constantly delivers. He will further spark the innovative work being done across Europe for Saatchi & Saatchi X, and is a key member of our executive global team," Murray said.
Filling Hathaway's shoes, Anthony Hopper will be the new general manager of Saatchi & Saatchi X's UK office.
Hopper joins from Chemistry Group where he was head of strategy and planning. During his career he has worked on brands including Bailey's, Emirates Airlines, and Pepsi and in roles including client services director at The Marketing Store Worldwide in Sydney, Australia.
Hopper said the importance of Saatchi & Saatchi X's shopper marketing offering would grow.
"We're at the tipping point, where more and more brand owners are coming to us as pioneers of shopper marketing, to share the vision and demonstrate how it can add value to their business," he said.
"For me, a key part of this is demonstrating the role it can also play outside of the retail environment - we believe that understanding shopper thinking is critical to more effective marketing campaigns."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London