Katona and Donovan shoot new ad for Iceland
LONDON - Kerry Katona, former Atomic Kitten and tabloid regular, is filming a new television campaign for Iceland along with Australian singer Jason Donovan.
Katona has been photographed on the set of the new ad in Manchester, along with Jason Donovan, amid reports that she is planning to spend £15,000 on plastic surgery, including a breast reduction and liposuction.
Katona has been a tabloid regular over allegations that she drank alcohol, smoked and took drugs during her pregnancies, and that she was facing bankruptcy, leading to speculation that retailer Iceland would stop using her as a spokeswoman.
But the retailer has remained supportive of the star and said in April that Katona had signed another 12-month contract.
The ads featuring Katona have been created by Tom Reddy Advertising and feature the strapline 'That's why mums go to Iceland'.
Donovan appeared with Katona in last year's Iceland idents for its sponsorship of ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here'. Both have been contestants in the reality show, with Donovan coming third in 2006 and Katona winning in 2004.
Last month Katona won damages from the Sunday Mirror after it printed a story wrongly claiming that her mother was writing a book that included details of how Katona worked as a prostitute before she became famous. The paper subsequently printed a two-page apology over the story.
Earlier this year Katona appeared along with her husband in an MTV reality show 'Crazy in Love'. However, in March MTV suspended filming the show while Katona entered The Priory clinic to be treated for depression.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, Manchester