WPP accelerates digital production offshoring
LONDON - WPP Group is establishing an operation that will distribute digital production work across the group's global business, headed by former Digitas technology head Neal Prescott.
Part of WPP Digital, Deliver is intended to give clients "the best solutions at the best price" by exploiting the scale of the group's digital production facilities and 700-strong team of production professionals around the world.
It means WPP agencies such as Agenda in China, Aqua in South Africa and Schematic in Los Angeles, which has an operation in Costa Rica, will be encouraged to handle a wider range of offshored work.
Prescott, who has been appointed chief executive of Deliver, said: "My job will be to act as the conduit through which the global demands of WPP's agencies are matched with the people who can execute the work in a seamless and economic fashion."
Rob Norman, chief executive of Group M Interaction Worldwide, said: "We have always had the resources, but Deliver will aggregate and catalyze our production assets and make them simpler to deploy."
In a recent Campaign feature on digital outsourcing Bill Brock, the founding partner of AnalogFolk, argued that clients are being ripped off by UK agencies and the work coming out of South Africa, Australia and Asia was good if not better.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA