Chime close to digital research business launch
LONDON - Chime Communications has revealed more details about the digital research business, Caucus, which it is launching in the autumn.
Speaking to Brand Republic about Chime's interim results, its chairman Lord Bell said the business would not compete with online pollsters such as YouGov.
Bell said: "It'll be digital deliberative research and it will be slightly different to number crunching.
"It'll kick off in the UK but of course the net is a global medium so you can't be discrete to one country. Whatever we do on it will be visible across the world so we'll expand it as quickly as we can.
"It's not a competitor to YouGov, which is a polling organisation. This is a deliberative, consultative research process carried out through digital technology."
Chime's existing research division had a disappointing first half performance with lower than expected operating profits, down 39% to £460,000.
The division includes Opinion Leader, at which Chime said there had been a problem with the new senior management team.
"We have addressed this and the focus is firmly back on business development and client management," its statement said.
Chime's group results were strong, with a 27% rise in first half pre-tax profits to £8.2m and a 22% rise in revenues to £115.5m.
The group, which owns advertising agency VCCP, warned that there was "some visibility of reduced expenditure by clients in the advertising sector and the research sector".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)