Chime close to digital research business launch
LONDON - Chime Communications has revealed more details about the digital research business, Caucus, which it is launching in the autumn.
Speaking to Brand Republic about Chime's interim results, its chairman Lord Bell said the business would not compete with online pollsters such as YouGov.
Bell said: "It'll be digital deliberative research and it will be slightly different to number crunching.
"It'll kick off in the UK but of course the net is a global medium so you can't be discrete to one country. Whatever we do on it will be visible across the world so we'll expand it as quickly as we can.
"It's not a competitor to YouGov, which is a polling organisation. This is a deliberative, consultative research process carried out through digital technology."
Chime's existing research division had a disappointing first half performance with lower than expected operating profits, down 39% to £460,000.
The division includes Opinion Leader, at which Chime said there had been a problem with the new senior management team.
"We have addressed this and the focus is firmly back on business development and client management," its statement said.
Chime's group results were strong, with a 27% rise in first half pre-tax profits to £8.2m and a 22% rise in revenues to £115.5m.
The group, which owns advertising agency VCCP, warned that there was "some visibility of reduced expenditure by clients in the advertising sector and the research sector".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham