Chime close to digital research business launch
LONDON - Chime Communications has revealed more details about the digital research business, Caucus, which it is launching in the autumn.
Speaking to Brand Republic about Chime's interim results, its chairman Lord Bell said the business would not compete with online pollsters such as YouGov.
Bell said: "It'll be digital deliberative research and it will be slightly different to number crunching.
"It'll kick off in the UK but of course the net is a global medium so you can't be discrete to one country. Whatever we do on it will be visible across the world so we'll expand it as quickly as we can.
"It's not a competitor to YouGov, which is a polling organisation. This is a deliberative, consultative research process carried out through digital technology."
Chime's existing research division had a disappointing first half performance with lower than expected operating profits, down 39% to £460,000.
The division includes Opinion Leader, at which Chime said there had been a problem with the new senior management team.
"We have addressed this and the focus is firmly back on business development and client management," its statement said.
Chime's group results were strong, with a 27% rise in first half pre-tax profits to £8.2m and a 22% rise in revenues to £115.5m.
The group, which owns advertising agency VCCP, warned that there was "some visibility of reduced expenditure by clients in the advertising sector and the research sector".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London