BBC unveils Tweenies' 10th anniversary party campaign
LONDON - BBC Worldwide will celebrate the 10th anniversary of pre-school show the 'Tweenies' in 2009 with a year-long party including live events, a new website and party-themed DVDs.
The 'Tweenies' musical approach to learning through play has been a hit with teachers and carers as well as young children.
Since it launched in September 1999, the 'Tweenies' has been sold to 65 countries, sold 21m magazine issues, 3.5m DVDs and more than 1.4m live event tickets.
BBC Worldwide is currently developing a party-themed campaign, which will kick off in early 2009, to cement its position as a classic brand for pre-schoolers.
It will include party specials in the 'Tweenies' magazine, party-themed DVDs, new product lines, new formats and a 45-venue theatre tour around the UK.
BBC Worldwide has also confirmed the launch of a dedicated website to provide a resource for parents to create the perfect party. The site, which will be created by Oakwood Media Group, will include games, themes, songs and tips for hosting parties through the year.
Frank PR has been tasked with developing a high-profile PR campaign to drive national and regional media coverage.
A BBC Worldwide spokeswoman said that it is not looking for any brands to sponsor the anniversary activity or actively seeking brand partnerships. However it would be interested to hear from brands that would like to form partnerships.
Neil Ross Russell, managing director of BBC Worldwide Children's division, said: "The Tweenies have those unique qualities which cross generations of young children, and next year is all about cementing their position as a classic brand for pre-schoolers and building a platform for our licensing partners.
"We would love to hear from licensees and retailers to discuss the opportunities the 10th anniversary celebrations will provide for 2009 and beyond."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Digital Brand Manager - Slough Stopgap £40000 per annum + benefits, Slough
- Media Marketing Executive Major Players £30000 - £36000 per annum + Pro Rata, London
- Account Manager [Charity Clients] - Top 5 Agency - Central London - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Project Manager Barclay Meade £400 - £500 per day, City of London