'Little Britain USA' launching this autumn on BBC One
A new series of 'Little Britain', 'Little Britain USA', will air on BBC One this autumn featuring some familiar characters as well as some new ones.
Old characters returning include Lou and his wheelchair-bound best friend Andy, Marjorie Dawes and Vicky Pollard.
New characters include Bing Gordyn, the eighth astronaut to go to the moon, Mark and Tom, hyper-masculine gym buddies and Ellie-Grace, a frilly little girl with the mouth of a truck driver.
The series will feature several cameo performances, including Geraldine James, Rosie O'Donnell, Paul Rudd and Sting.
Simon Fuller, executive producer, said: "'Little Britain USA' is a show we made for HBO, however we always had in mind our British audience and hope everyone enjoys the new characters as much as they do the familiar ones."
'Little Britain' was launched in 2001 as a sketch comedy series for BBC Radio 4 and became a TV pilot for both BBC Two and BBC Three in February 2003.
In 2004, the first season won three British Comedy Awards, a National Television Award and a Bafta. The second picked up two Baftas, a 'South Bank Show' Award and a Broadcast Award.
'Little Britain USA' was written by Matt Lucas and David Walliams and filmed on location and in studio in Wilmington, North Carolina and Los Angeles.
The executive producers include Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Simon Fuller, and David Steinberg. Friends' actor David Schwimmer has directed the live studio segments.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London