Dell signs up as MTV Europe Music Awards sponsor
LONDON - Dell has signed a deal to become one of three principal pan-European sponsors for the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards, alongside Esprit and Sony Ericsson.
Dell's sponsorship will be integrated across all MTV Europe Music Awards platforms including on-air and online.
Dell will also be featured on all promotional activity in the run-up to the ceremony at the Echo Arena, Liverpool on November 6, as well as on-the-ground activity in Liverpool.
It will include billboards, all marketing and press releases as well as the MTV EMAs microsite.
David Clifton, director of consumer marketing of Dell Europe, said: "In the same way the MTV Europe Music Awards honour the artists who have an undeniable impact on pop culture, Dell celebrates the individual who uses technology to pursue their passions.
"Dell's sponsorship of the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards represents all that is important in pop culture today...video, music and technology."
Jules Robinson, senior vice president of VBS International, said: "Both MTV and Dell recognise not only how music and technology are interdependent but also how young people use them both to express themselves and create their personal identities."
Dell and MTV Networks International will bring their partnership to life in the coming weeks, including providing music lovers with the chance to experience the awards first-hand.
In 2007 the MTV EMAs -- broadcast on 19 channels across Europe as well as across the US and Asia -- reached a total television audience of over 30m people. Dedicated MTV EMA websites saw a 35% increase year on year to 3m unique visitors with total visits on show day (November 1 2007) increasing by 75% compared to 2006.
WPP set up a new global media and marketing agency at the end of last year to service Dell, which previously used 800 agencies around the world. It was dubbed Project Da Vinci until WPP named it Enfatico in June.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London