Advertising Association chief on industry and government in latest BRTV
LONDON - The relationship between the government and the advertising industry is examined in the latest show on Brandrepublic.tv.
Baroness Peta Buscombe, chief executive of the Advertising Association, talks exclusively to Philip Smith in the Brandrepublic.tv interview about the need for advertisers to behave responsibly and why self-regulation is working for the sector.
She urges the government: "Don't beat us up so much that we cannot innovate and be creative."
Buscombe says that the advertising, marketing and media industries can combine to help fight some of society's ills.
The Advertising Association's health initiative sees businesses including AOL, Cadbury, Channel 4, ITV, Coca-Cola and Tesco, join together to encourage healthy diets and physical activity in the run up to the London 2012 Olympics.
Buscombe said: "We want to demonstrate the positive role of advertising in shifting behaviour.
Also featured in the show is the latest Thinkboxes winner, 'Know your limits' by VCCP for the Home Office which tackles the issue of binge-drinking.
The IPA's director general Hamish Pringle joins the show to talk about the IPA's Creative Britain event and its diagonal thinking initiative (www.diagonalthinking.co.uk).
BrandRepublic.tv is a series of monthly video shows which, as part of the PPA award-winning Brandrepublic.com, are produced in association with the IPA and are sponsored by Thinkbox.
An archive of previous shows including interviews with the IPA's president Moray McLennan and Starcom UK chairman Jim Marshall can be found at Brandrepublic.tv.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London