ITV appoints Ian Griffiths as finance director
LONDON - ITV has appointed Ian Griffiths, the former finance director of Emap, as its group finance director.
The broadcaster, which is the subject of takeover speculation, confirmed the appointment to the Stock Exchange
Griffiths had been tipped to take the position when it became available at the end of February when ITV announced that John Cresswell would give up the role. Griffiths will report to Cresswell who retains his other role as chief operating officer.
After six year at Ernst & Young, Griffiths joined magazines, radio and business media group Emap in 1994 and was its group finance director from 2005 to 2008.
Michael Grade, executive chairman of ITV, said: "Ian has demonstrated his ability as a Finance Director in the media sector and will make a valuable contribution to the Company as we continue to implement our Turnaround strategy."
ITV's share price this morning was up 3.6% to 45.6p.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Manager, Digital - Automotive Account Copeland Select High £30,000s, London
- Account Manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £25000 per annum, London
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire