TV still most popular among Europe's elite
LONDON - Television is still the favourite media source of affluent Europeans, followed by the internet and then radio, according to Synovate's EMS Digital Life survey.
During the week and at weekends, most of the elite watch television during the evenings, between 8pm-10pm, with the peak being at 9pm, according to the survey.
Thursday is reportedly the most popular television evening with 43% of the respondents tuning in. The least popular evening is Monday, followed by Wednesday and then Tuesday.
The internet was the second most popular media source. In the weekdays, most respondents used the internet in the mornings between 9am-11am, in the afternoons at 2pm and again in the evenings at 9pm.
On the weekends, they used less of the internet -- mainly in the evenings between 7pm-8pm and at 10pm.
Radio was the third most popular media source with newspapers or magazines fourth.
However, despite TV being the most preferred media source, the PC and laptop was the most popular device, not the TV set.
Reinier Schaper, head of EMS, said: "With the overexposure of different media sources today, it can be difficult trying to determine when and why elite Europeans actually use different media platforms.
"With EMS Digital Life, we can accurately track this information to the minute detail of each hour. Hence the attitudinal behaviour affecting actual consumption is accurately recorded."
Synovate's EMS Digital Life survey is conducted annually and tracks the media consumption habits of Europe's elite -- the top 13% of all adults based on income.
Respondents come from 19 countries -- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £24000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Board Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £75000.00 per annum, City of London
- Head of Paid Social PFJ £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + great benefits, London