Geldof launches online Peace Channel TV
LONDON - Bob Geldof, founder and non-executive director of factual media company Ten Alps, is launching an online TV channel, called the Peace Channel, covering the world's wars and potential flashpoints.
The Peace Channel aims to use online video and user-generated content to help resolve global conflicts.
Live Aid founder Geldof will launch the channel at midday today at the Point of Peace Summit in Stavanger, Norway, where Nobel Peace Laureates and experts are gathered to discuss conflict resolution.
The channel, set up by the Peace Channel Foundation and Ten Alps, features online videos devoted to specific flashpoints, a picture gallery and debate forums.
The launch site includes a video report by the Peace Channel team from Kenya on how last year's upsurge in violence was resolved and an interview with Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga.
The site also includes an interview with East Timor's president Jose Ramos-Horta, who discusses the options for an international tribunal for the country.
Alex Connock, CEO of Ten Alps, said: "This is precisely the kind of project that Ten Alps is proud to work on. It has global reach, strong journalistic purpose and online TV penetration -- which is fast taking on the same kind of political power that CBS News had in the Vietnam War."
Ten Alps was founded in 1999 by Alex Connock and Bob Geldof and produces for 'Dispatches', 'Panorama' and other factual programmes for Channel 4, the BBC and international broadcasters.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)