Millennium handed Reader's Digest re-launch
LONDON - Over-50s marketing specialist Millennium has been recruited by Reader's Digest to support the magazine relaunch and direct product-led marketing activity.
The magazine is in relaunch mode following the appointment of Sarah Sands as editor-in-chief in February.
Sands, formerly of the Daily Mail, told the Observer: "The reason for the re-launch is that most people have a very strong feel for Reader's Digest but there's quite a low awareness about what the British magazine is.
"For me Reader's Digest was basically about very compelling stories."
Millennium has been tasked with a number of creative briefs including a direct mail pack, inserts and online activity to help raise the magazine's profile and attract new subscribers, particularly from the over-50s market.
Fiona Hought, managing director of Millenium said: "Our 12 years' experience and knowledge in talking to and targeting the mature market will help us to develop strong creative campaigns which will reinforce their brand values and support the magazine's re-launch."
Reader's Digest, which was launched in 1922, is the number one consumer magazine in the US with ABC figures showing a circulation of more than 10m in the country.
The Reader's Digest UK edition has a monthly circulation of over 635,000.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London