Lonely Planet teams up with Sony Ericsson for mobile offer
LONDON - Travel guides company Lonely Planet has teamed up with Sony Ericsson to sell £4.50 mobile city guides and phrasebooks to owners of the mobile company's handsets.
Users can download 21 city guides and 10 audio phrasebooks on the Fun & Downloads section of the Sony Ericsson website.
The city guides each contain around 200 recommended points of interest, each one includes the address, how to get there, the phone number and a review by a Lonely Planet author.
Key information on everything from money and health to the culture of the city is also included in the guides.
The audio phrasebooks offer translations and phonetic pronunciations. Users are able to click on the phrase they want to say and let the phone speak for them.
The phrasebooks translate English into 10 popular languages and cover transport, signs, accommodation, banking, numbers, shopping and sightseeing, eating and drinking, health and emergencies, and meeting people.
Both the mobile city guides and phrasebooks cost £4.50 to download in the UK.
Chantal Havard, Lonely Planet business development manager for wireless, said: "Providing essential travel information on mobile phones is a new and exciting way for travellers to access the advice and recommendations which they need when they are on the road.
"Through this partnership with Sony Ericsson we are giving travellers the means to download the information that they want direct to their handset.
Lonely Planet also struck a similar deal with Nokia last month to sell city guides to Nokia handset users.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London