Lonely Planet teams up with Sony Ericsson for mobile offer
LONDON - Travel guides company Lonely Planet has teamed up with Sony Ericsson to sell £4.50 mobile city guides and phrasebooks to owners of the mobile company's handsets.
Users can download 21 city guides and 10 audio phrasebooks on the Fun & Downloads section of the Sony Ericsson website.
The city guides each contain around 200 recommended points of interest, each one includes the address, how to get there, the phone number and a review by a Lonely Planet author.
Key information on everything from money and health to the culture of the city is also included in the guides.
The audio phrasebooks offer translations and phonetic pronunciations. Users are able to click on the phrase they want to say and let the phone speak for them.
The phrasebooks translate English into 10 popular languages and cover transport, signs, accommodation, banking, numbers, shopping and sightseeing, eating and drinking, health and emergencies, and meeting people.
Both the mobile city guides and phrasebooks cost £4.50 to download in the UK.
Chantal Havard, Lonely Planet business development manager for wireless, said: "Providing essential travel information on mobile phones is a new and exciting way for travellers to access the advice and recommendations which they need when they are on the road.
"Through this partnership with Sony Ericsson we are giving travellers the means to download the information that they want direct to their handset.
Lonely Planet also struck a similar deal with Nokia last month to sell city guides to Nokia handset users.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London