Tefal hires Kelly Brook for return of boffin ads
LONDON - Kelly Brook and Harry Enfield will star as brainy scientists with huge foreheads in a new TV ad for home appliance company Tefal, which recalls the brand's series of 1980s ads.
The manufacturer and supplier of kitchenware, cookware and electrical items ran the original ads between 1985 and 1989.
They featured scientists with big foreheads, indicating how brainy they were, and came with the strapline: "We have the technology because we have the brains.". The string of ads became a 1980s school playground hit.
In the new ad, Brook and comedian Enfield will play scientists while former 'Countdown' co-presenter Carol Vorderman will take the role of a job applicant who comes in for an interview and is told she lacks the brains to work at Tefal.
A Tefal spokesman said: "The old adverts were hugely popular. We believe the new one will be just as popular today."
The ad is due to be shown early next year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge