Future to launch digital mag for UK PlayStation users
LONDON - Media group Future has signed an agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment UK to create a weekly digital magazine available exclusively through the PlayStation Network.
The digital magazine will allow gamers in the UK to download interactive, high-definition editorial content directly onto their PlayStation 3, which is home to games such as the popular 'Call of Duty 4'.
The weekly title will include news, reviews, features and downloadable content on games and movies.
It will launch in the UK early next year before an expected rollout across Europe.
Ray Maguire, senior vice-president and managing director of SCE UK, said: "As PlayStation 3 moves the gaming experience to a more social and competitive online environment, so the natural development in line with our consumers' choice of media is to produce a companion publication in the digital realm.
"Future is best placed to meet this challenge and produce a perfect partner to the Official PlayStation magazine delivered via the PlayStation Network."
Future teamed up with Sony Computer Entertainment America earlier this year to produce Qore - a monthly digital programme for North American users of the PlayStation Network, which has attracted Burger King, Universal Pictures, Activision and Codemasters among its advertisers.
Robert Price, Future's UK chief executive, said: "We are very excited to further strengthen our relationship with Sony, working together on this ground-breaking product.
"This product will provide a unique way for advertisers to connect directly with gamers through their consoles, using the very latest high definition content."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London