Future to launch digital mag for UK PlayStation users
LONDON - Media group Future has signed an agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment UK to create a weekly digital magazine available exclusively through the PlayStation Network.
The digital magazine will allow gamers in the UK to download interactive, high-definition editorial content directly onto their PlayStation 3, which is home to games such as the popular 'Call of Duty 4'.
The weekly title will include news, reviews, features and downloadable content on games and movies.
It will launch in the UK early next year before an expected rollout across Europe.
Ray Maguire, senior vice-president and managing director of SCE UK, said: "As PlayStation 3 moves the gaming experience to a more social and competitive online environment, so the natural development in line with our consumers' choice of media is to produce a companion publication in the digital realm.
"Future is best placed to meet this challenge and produce a perfect partner to the Official PlayStation magazine delivered via the PlayStation Network."
Future teamed up with Sony Computer Entertainment America earlier this year to produce Qore - a monthly digital programme for North American users of the PlayStation Network, which has attracted Burger King, Universal Pictures, Activision and Codemasters among its advertisers.
Robert Price, Future's UK chief executive, said: "We are very excited to further strengthen our relationship with Sony, working together on this ground-breaking product.
"This product will provide a unique way for advertisers to connect directly with gamers through their consoles, using the very latest high definition content."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London